TTFA Men’s Senior and U-20 Head Coach – Angus Eve
Type of Camp: Caribbean Identification Camp – Trinidad & Tobago
Playing Level: Advanced
*Note – Players must show proof of Trinidad & Tobago passport or Trinbagonian parents (mother or father). Trinbagonian Grand-parentage is prohibited because the Government does not issue passports to U.S. or Canadian born players whose parents are not from Trinidad & Tobago.
Date: April 16-17, 2022 (Combine is now full!) To join the waitlist, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write, “Please add me to the waitlist”.
*Note for the U-20s, the player must be born in 2003 or after and must be playing at a high level club or at a university. For the Senior team the player must have had played at a professional level.
Location: Edgewood Community Center – 301 Franklin St. NE, Washington, DC 20002
Times: 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Cost: $75 (includes training uniform – 1 jersey, 1 shorts, 1 socks)
How are my registration fees spent?
- Player uniforms
- Airplane tickets for coaches
- Ground transportation for coaches
- Hotel accommodations for coaches
Friday, April 15, 2022:
7:30 pm – 8:30 pm – Early Check-in at the Renaissance DC
Saturday, April 16, 2022:
8:00 am – 8:45 am – Players arrive for check-in and collect uniforms
9:00 am – 9:15 am – Players warm-up
9:20 am – 10:15 am – Training
10:15 am – 10:20 am – Break
10:25 am – 12:15 pm – Games
12:25 pm – 2:00 pm – Lunch/Music hosted by the Trinidad & Tobago Association of Washington, D.C
Sunday, April 17, 2022
8:30 am – 9:00 am – Players begin to arrive
9:00 am – 9:20 am – Players warm-up
9:25 am – 10:25 am – Training
10:25 am – 10:30 am – Break
10:30 am – 12:15 pm – Games
12:15 pm – 12:30 pm – Closing
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Players
- What will I need on the first day of the Combine?
- We will provide you with your uniform on the first day of the Combine after you have checked into the registration. We ask that you arrive between 8:30 am – 8:45 am to check-in as we will start promptly at 9:00 am. There will be a changing room in the Edgewood Community Recreation Center. Please bring your shin-guards, cleats, and we will provide water during the Combine.
- What happens next once I am selected to the national team?
- Communication will come directly from the Trinidad & Tobago Football Association for the next steps. Although we do not have any concrete next steps, in the past players who were selected have been invited to Trinidad & Tobago to participate in screenings to see how they fit in with the other players.
- If I do not have a Trinidad & Tobago passport, then how do I obtain one?
- First and foremost, your mother or father will need to be born in Trinidad & Tobago to obtain a passport. Trinidad & Tobago does not accept passport applications from players whose grandparents were born in Trinidad & Tobago. Your point of contact will be the Embassy of Trinidad & Tobago in Washington, D.C. Call 202-467-6490 and ask for the passport office.
Step 1: Contact the Embassy of Trinidad & Tobago in Washington, D.C. for an application.
Step 2: Complete the application in full and return to the Embassy.
Step 3: Once completed and reviewed, the Embassy will call you in for an interview with your Trinidad & Tobago born parent.
Step 4: Once you pass the interview, the information is then sent to Trinidad & Tobago for a final review.
Step 5: Once you have passed the interview, then the Embassy of Trinidad & Tobago will send you your passport or ask you to pick it up.
* Note that there are exceptions to the steps above and that they may not always go as planned. The steps above are not concrete, but they are the steps that other players have taken in the past to obtain their passports. Expect the cost to be between $200 – $250 to complete the application process and to obtain the passport. Expenses are exclusive of travel and accommodation. It is recommended that players start this process immediately after registering for the Combine, just in case you are selected and if you aren’t selected this time around, at least you will have obtained a passport for the next time. Passports are good for 10 years before renewal.
- Will I have to cover my expenses to and from Trinidad & Tobago?
- This really depends on the Trinidad & Tobago Football Association. In the past players who have not officially made the national teams have had to cover all expenses to and from Trinidad & Tobago in addition to accommodations. However, if you are among the final 23 players selected to the CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers and/or the World Cup, then in the past the Trinidad & Tobago Football Association has paid for all expenses.
- If I do get selected to Trinidad & Tobago to train with other members of the national team, then how will I get to and from practices and friendly matches?
- There are a couple modes of transportation to travel to and from practices and friendly matches while a member of the team. Some are more cost effective than others, but having a family member in Trinidad & Tobago who will be able to transport you to and from practices and games is the most ideal way. Otherwise other modes of transportation include taking a Maxi or hiring a driver. Establishing a source of transportation prior to arriving in Trinidad & Tobago will be important.
- What happens if I am not selected to travel to Trinidad & Tobago for a national team trial?
- We will keep your information in our database along with your player evaluation. The coach will use this as a reference for a future call up and you will have the opportunity to be re-evaluated at a future Combine or during your club season. We also have future plans to launch a tournament team with players of Trinbagonian descent to travel together and play during the summer. This will also provide an opportunity for players to remain in the system for potential U-17 or U-20 call-ups.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Logistics (Hotel and Travel)
- If I choose to stay at the Renaissance Hotel Washington, D.C. is there anything that I should know beforehand?
- The hotel is located in the heart of Washington, D.C. and only 2.6 miles from Edgewood Recreation Center where the Combine will be held. The Renaissance is walking distance to many of the city’s main attractions such as the White House, Capitol, Monument, and much more. There are also many shops and restaurants that you can access by foot and if you prefer to take the train, then you will be right next to the Mt. Vernon Square 7th Street Convention Center metro stop. The only thing to be aware of is the parking as it can range between $14-$22 for the day. Street parking can be better since it allows you to move in and out and that is only $2.30/hour. Make sure to check the signs when parking in D.C. because if you get a ticket then it can cost upward of $100. On Sunday, parking should be free since it is Easter Sunday.
- What type of rooms have been blocked at the Renaissance and what is the duration of stay?
- The rooms that have been blocked are double beds and they have been blocked from April 15-18, 2022. Currently, the number of rooms blocked is 15 for 45 nights.
- What should I know about Edgewood Recreation Center?
- Edgewood is one of the city’s newest soccer fields and recreation centers. It was built in 2019 just before the pandemic and when things shutdown, it got little to no use. So you will be playing on pretty much a brand new turf field that has hosted only one major event, the D.C. Cup in July 2021. Since it is in the city and located in a neighborhood, parking can be a bit of an issue so make sure to arrive early to find street parking. If you are being dropped off then you will have no issues as there is a drop-off location in front of the center. We will reach out to Trinity Washington University which is located across the street from Edgewood on the Evarts Street side of the field. This location will be able to provide traditional parking. So we will update this question once it becomes available.
- If I am flying into Washington, D.C. then what is the closest airport?
- Washington, D.C. has three international airports to choose from Washington Reagan (DCA), Dulles International (IAD), and Baltimore Washington International (BWI). All three airports are less than an hour from the field and hotel. However, DCA will be your closest to the hotel and field (less than 5 miles), IAD second best option (28 miles), and BWI (32 miles). To save and to cut down on travel time if you are flying in domestically then we recommend DCA. Internationally we recommend IAD.
For the players at the Combine:
- Player Evaluations
For the players who are not selected after the Combine:
- The option to join the NACTM U.S.-T&T tournament team and participate in tournaments across the country. This is an opportunity to continue to remain in the mix and will serve as a platform for TTFA coaches to continue to evaluate further.
What can you add?
- Additional apparel in the shop. You will be able to access it at checkout.
- Hotel options for players and parents are also available through the Renaissance Washington, D.C. This option is open to players located outside of the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area only. Once you have registered and paid, then we will send you the group code for the room block. The cost per night is $129 + 14.5% hotel tax. Since this event is taking place during the Easter Holiday Weekend, this will be the best rate that you will find in D.C. for one of the top hotels in the city. You will have until March 25, 2022 to pay for the block room, otherwise the hotel reserves the right to charge the full price of $179. Rooms are blocked for a minimum of 2 nights (Friday, April 15th and Saturday April 16th).
Contact email@example.com to discuss travel accommodations to the camp.
Want to become a sponsor of the NACTM Soccer Camps and this particular event?
In collaboration with: