What are the North America Caribbean Training Method (NACTM) Camps?
NACTM Soccer Camps is a program founded in January 2020, by a group of youth soccer coaches averaging 25 years of coaching experience. The mission of the program was to create a camp environment for ALL youth soccer players between the ages of 5-18 to develop their playing levels regardless of their skills. Our programs are for Recreation, Intermediate, and Advanced level players, and we work with all three levels with the same energy and passion to drive each and every player who joins our program to long term success, whether they choose soccer as their primary sport and want to play at the next level, or they are using soccer as a tool to help them to advance in another sport that they may want to pursue.
For our Recreation level campers, we want to set them on the path to becoming Intermediate level players by helping them to drastically improve their technical skills (dribbling, ball control, passing, striking). For our Intermediate level campers, the goal is to help them to improve their technical skills, improve their physical skills, all while introducing the remaining 3 pillars (psychological, psycho-social, and tactical). For our Advanced level players, our focus is on helping them to improve their speed of play, polish their skills, and create opportunities for them to play at the next level, whether they choose the college or professional route.
NACTM Soccer Camps have three main objectives:
- Players are incentivized to find their own creative approach to problems that are brought on by the game.
- Players develop 5 pillars: technical, psychological, physical. tactical, and psycho-social abilities through game play.
COMPOSURE ON THE BALL
- Develop a Soccer IQ through reading and understanding the game while making decisions.
- Players are encouraged to develop their own unique style of play.
- Develop intelligence in players through constantly reading the game, understanding, and making decisions.
- Develop tactical intelligence – allowing players to solve problems that may occur during games.
FIELD POSITIONAL COMPETENCE
- Increase understanding of all positions on the field.
- Games are structured to maximize speed of play with quick transitions from defense to offense.
This methodology will be divided into 4 stages during the season:
1.) Technical Development in simple situations: We teach all the technical foundations, we encourage players to perform a large number of passes, movements, finishing etc. through games with simple rules.
2.) Individual Tactical Aspects and Contextualized Technical Improvement of technical skills through games with more complex requirements to challenge players experience by placing them in more difficult tactical situations.
- 1 v 1: Offensive & Defensive
3.) Tactical Aspects, Concept and Decision-Making in Small Groups:
We work several important concepts to teach how to occupy space with the ball in small groups. We also focus on depth, mobility, support, and compression. All concepts that will be studied so that students understand how to apply them in each region of the field.
4.) Tactical Concepts and Decision-Making in Small Group Play:
All concepts are evaluated for the students to understand how to apply them in each area of the field.
- Two principles of organization on the field
- Understanding depth and field organization
- Player positions in different formations
How to occupy space when you have the ball and develop correct positioning when you do not have the ball.
Important Futsal training concepts:
We also introduce Futsal in our training. Here are some concepts from Futsal that have developed some of the top football players in the world:
A methodology is far easier to explain in person, while working with our coaches on improving player development at ALL playing levels. So if you would like to be apart of our methodology in-person, then sign up here for a camp in your area TODAY!